Races

Monday, August 24, 2015

the 10th week

I've really been tested the last few weeks.  The level of nausea and fatigue has been almost unbearable at times.  Though I've never actually thrown up, I've had to leave the room gagging absolutely sure that something would come up.  Usually it's the constant feeling of wanting to go home and lay down to hopefully keep my stomach settled.  Miserable.  

Miraculously, my weekly mileage hasn't been effected too terribly.  3-4 miles less-maybe.  
However, what has been effected is the quality.  I find myself feeling quite fatigued from the first steps of a run.  My mind really wants to do it, but my body says no way.  There have been several occasions where I have worked in a stretch or walking break.  I hate doing that, but I've felt like I have no other choice.  I'm not going to lie.  It has me worried about my upcoming half marathon.  Last pregnancy I did not feel so rotten during these running weeks.  I remember running a nearly perfect PR 10k at 12 weeks pregnant.  Why is it different?  My hope and gut tell me that it's just the first trimester.  Once I make it past 12 weeks I hope to be feeling much better and more energized.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...