Races

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Phoenix Half Marathon 2017 rundown

I ran the Phoenix Half Marathon and had a respectable time for a 12 week pregnant and nursing lady.
The most noteworthy thing about this particular race was how COLD the start was.  It was unseasonably cold for Phoenix, and I found myself shivering in my little skivvies to stay warm.  I was desperate enough to pick up someone's discarded sweater into the first mile.  I wore that sucker for 4 miles!!!   This was the first race where all four sisters ran.  That was a fun treat since running a race is a very individual thing.  We didn't run together at all on the course but stayed together and prepped together.  It made those things much more enjoyable.  

Another highlight for me was that I ran a 7:01 13th mile.  I am proud of that considering my "condition".  I hate the stereotype about not being able to do anything because you are pregnant. Give me a break. Exercise is the number one reason I have easy pregnancies.  Get off the couch and move.  Hopefully next year I'll be running the full marathon after having another great pregnancy. 

 7:28 AVERAGE  MILE PACE
1hr38min54sec


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...